According to an August 17, 2011, posting on their website, Nice Ride of Minneapolis - a Minnesota based nonprofit recently surpassed the 100,817 rides that were logged in the 2010 season. As more and more people integrate bike share into their lives and subscriber numbers increase, Nice Ride Minnesota has noticed some great trends in the community:
* The heaviest usage continues to be in downtown Minneapolis. The IDS Center remains at the top of the usage list, with St. Anthony Main and YWCA Downtown coming in second and third.
* Less dense areas are making steps towards integrating bike share into their lives. Nice Ride is now more recognizable to residents as a transportation option.
* More women are using Nice Ride in what appears to be a stronger engagement in active transportation.
* More subscribers use Nice Ride to get to meetings or other engagements during the workday.
* Tourist and conference goers continue to discover NiceRide Minnesota as a cost-effective and fun way to travel to popular Twin Cities destinations.
If you have experienced Nice Ride or have questions, they would love to hear from you. Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article Published: 08-28-2011